The Princess and the Frog
• Almost There
Lives in: New Orleans, Louisiana
Tiana dreams of opening her own restaurant. She works hard to try to make that dream come true. In a twist of fate, she kisses a frog and goes on an adventure through the New Orleans bayou.
1. Grand Entrance: play 'Down in New Orleans' on Bluetooth speaker. Enter party with high energy, big smile, waves and hugs for everyone (birthday child first!)
2. Storytime: read Princess and the Frog storybook. Familiarize yourself with the story so you can perform the story without reading off the page the entire time. The book should be more a guideline and pictures for the kids to look at. High energy, involve kids, make it a theatrical, performative storytime!
3. Sing-Along: Sing 'Almost There'
4. Face Painting (see below for suggested designs and tutorials)
5. Games & Dancing (see below for
suggestions and instructions)
After this, alert client that it's almost time for Happy Birthday so they can bring out the cake.
6. Coronation ceremony for birthday child (see below for coronation script). Present tiara to bday child.
7. Pose for photos and sing Happy Birthday!
8. Present client with invoice and collect payment. *Be sure to count cash before leaving!!*
• Hoop Skirt
• Flower brooch/belt
• Earrings and Necklace
Makeup is super important - it transforms you and brings the character to life!
• Purple eyeshadow
• Black liquid eyeliner
• Pink Blush
• Deep Red or Pink Lipliner and Lipstick
• False Eyelashes
• Lilypad flowers
Watch video for tutorials!
• Bayou Freeze Dance
Play an uptempo song. Encourage kids to dance and show off their best moves. Invite shy kids to dance with you. Every 10-15 seconds, pause the music and instruct the players to FREEZE! Anyone who moves has to make a silly face. Everyone keeps playing until the song is over.
• Princess, Princess, Frog
Played like Duck, Duck, Goose! One person is "it" and walks around the outside of the circle. As they walk around, they tap the player's heads and say whether they are a "Princess" or a "Frog". Once someone is the "Frog" they get up and try to chase "it" around the circle. If "frog" does not catch "it" before they can sit in frog's seat, the "frog" now becomes "it". If they do tag "it", that person has to sit in the middle of the circle until another player is tagged.
• Kiss the Frog
Played like Hot Potato. Pass a frog plush around the circle while playing an upbeat song. Stop the music periodically. Whoever is holding the frog when the music has to "kiss" the frog and sit out. Encourage them to act like a frog now!
• Bubble Dancing
A fun and easy way to kill some time if necessary. Play Disney
soundtrack songs and dance while blowing bubbles.
Posing: Glamorous and Graceful!
Birthday Coronation Ceremony
The final activity of the party, this is a very special and memorable moment for birthday girls and their families. If parents don't already have their cameras out, encourage them to grab them before you begin! View and download script below!